[Catalyst] Installing Catalyst::Authentication::Store::DBIx::Class Breaks Catalyst

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Wed Apr 8 12:26:25 GMT 2009

Collin Condray wrote:
> As J. has requested here are the relevant parts of my configuration files:

>     'Session::Store::FastMmap',

I'd be prepared to bet that the issue with C3 was related to an old
version of this plugin. Upgrading this will have solved your issue, not
DBIC or Class::C3(::XS)?

> name myapp
> <authentication>
>     default_realm dbic
>     <realms>
>         <dbic>
>             <credential>
<snip>
>             </credential>
>             <store>
>                 # Use DBIC to retrieve username, password & role information
>                 class DBIx::Class
<snip>
>             </store>
>         </dbic>
>     </realms>
> </authentication>
>
> The error message that is now showing up in my logs is: "No Store
> specified for realm "dbic", using the Null store."

Hmm, this all looka correct to my eyes, however Catalyst seemingly isn't
seeing that config correctly.

> Thanks again for the responses. Again, please let me know if there's any
> other information I can provide.

If you start your app in debug mode, and append ?dump_info=1 to a
request, then paste the 'config' part of the debug screen, that'll give
us what Catalyst has actually loaded as the config - I guess that'll be
different to what you _think_ Catalyst is loading as your config from
your config file..

Cheers
t0m