[Catalyst] Why no extra attributes on Private actions?

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Sat Aug 15 18:44:57 GMT 2009

Why does Catalyst::Controller not allow additional attributes on Private
actions?

Marcus added this code in r5558 back in November of 2006.

  5558     marcus         if ( $attrs->{Private} && ( keys %$attrs > 1 ) ) {
  5558     marcus             $c->log->debug( 'Bad action definition "'

Yes, I asked[1] this same question a year an a half ago and Jonathan was
nice enough to recommend overriding register_actions if I wanted different
behavior. But, that didn't answer my question. Unfortunately, there's no
comments in the code, and the svn log for that change offers no hints.

Is there a specific reason that Private actions may not have additional
attributes?

1 http://www.mail-archive.com/catalyst@lists.scsys.co.uk/msg01403.html
-- =

Bill Moseley