[Catalyst] Why no extra attributes on Private actions?

Eden Cardim edencardim at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 23:28:43 GMT 2009

On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 3:44 PM, Bill Moseley<moseley at hank.org> wrote:
> Why does Catalyst::Controller not allow additional attributes on Private
> actions?
>
> Marcus added this code in r5558 back in November of 2006.
>
>   5558     marcus         if ( $attrs->{Private} && ( keys %$attrs > 1 ) ) {
>   5558     marcus             $c->log->debug( 'Bad action definition "'
>
> Yes, I asked[1] this same question a year an a half ago and Jonathan was
> nice enough to recommend overriding register_actions if I wanted different
> behavior. But, that didn't answer my question. Unfortunately, there's no
> comments in the code, and the svn log for that change offers no hints.
>
> Is there a specific reason that Private actions may not have additional
> attributes?

You can achieve the same effect by using the :Action tag instead, as
mst suggested in reply to the same thread:
http://www.mail-archive.com/catalyst@lists.scsys.co.uk/msg01413.html

--
   Eden Cardim       Need help with your Catalyst or DBIx::Class project?
  Code Monkey                    http://www.shadowcat.co.uk/catalyst/