[Catalyst] Catalyst::Plugin::Session::Store::CHI

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Tue Feb 10 09:56:59 GMT 2009

On 10 Feb 2009, at 02:02, Ashley wrote:

> Has anyone written Catalyst::Plugin::Session::Store::CHI for
> personal use yet?

<snip>

>  http://search.cpan.org/~fayland/Catalyst-Plugin-CHI-0.03/lib/
> Catalyst/Plugin/CHI.pm

I have no idea why this module needs to exist at all - surely you can
plug CHI directly into Catalyst::Plugin::Cache, which is much more
flexible as you can have multiple cache backends..

I'd also guess that you don't need to write a
Catalyst::Plugin::Session::Store::CHI, as you could use
Catalyst::Model::Adaptor to attach CHI as a model, and
Catalyst::Plugin::Session::Store::Delegate to delegate to it, without
in any way contributing to the profusion of copy and pasted modules
with 4 lines of copied code in them which litter CPAN :-/

Please try this approach out (and even better - write it up in the
wiki!), and patches very welcome on any of the session stuff to make
it play for you if that proves to be needed. :_)

Cheers
t0m