[Catalyst] Catalyst::Plugin::Session::Store::CHI

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Tue Feb 10 10:06:34 GMT 2009

On 10 Feb 2009, at 02:05, Ashley wrote:

> Actually, replying to myself already; and top posting to boot.

Tut tut, if you weren't offering to write code, I'd have to call the
mail police ;_)

> Alternatively: would it be a good idea to make the ::Store
> automatically discover the cache if it's there already? I might try
> a patch for that but I doubt it's as easy as a new store. I'd like
> it better though.

I started this mail with "I think making Session::Store::Delegate be
able to delegate into a cache provided by Catalyst::Plugin::Cache
would be cool."

Having thought about this, it is utter bollocks.

Catalyst::Plugin::Cache should _itself_ delegate into models, as
again we have an interface which is basically about adding some
semantic features (caching instead of session storage) to a model,
and it should be possible to reuse the _same_ model (for example
memache) for:

1) Caching
2) Session storage
3) Direct use in user code (e.g. memache counters).

I don't think you'd often / sanely want to do all three of these in
the same model, but having the uniform configuration and flexibility
to be able to do all of these via the model abstraction seems like
the way to go for me.

Cheers
t0m