[Catalyst] DBIx makes Catalyst startup painfully slow

Nigel Metheringham nigel.metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk
Tue Feb 10 11:10:49 GMT 2009

On 10 Feb 2009, at 10:53, Neo [GC] wrote:
> Apart from Catalyst being really resource hungry, the startup time
> for the application (testserver oder fastcgi) is ok, about 4 seconds
> on my development-system (CentOS on VMware Fusion on MacOS X
> Leopard, Core 2 Duo 2.2GHz). It's not perfect for developing, but it
> is completely acceptable.

What version of Centos?
What perl are you using?

> But as soon as I activate my DBIx schemas, the startup time
> multiplies: 12 seconds with my first (and most important) schema, 25
> seconds when using all schemas.

Have a look at this document (from a dev DBIC release):-

   http://search.cpan.org/~ribasushi/DBIx-Class-0.08099_06/lib/DBIx/Class/Manual/Troubleshooting.pod#Perl_Performance_Issues_on_Red_Hat_Systems
or
   http://tinyurl.com/cwb6tq   (look at Performance section at bottom).

	Nigel.

--
[ Nigel Metheringham             Nigel.Metheringham at InTechnology.com ]