[Catalyst] RFC: New to Catalyst questions

Kieren Diment kieren at diment.org
Mon Feb 16 22:18:35 GMT 2009

On 17/02/2009, at 8:47 AM, Jay Kuri wrote:

> Right... As I've said before, I'm not interested in the super-newbie
> area. I don't want to teach perl.  Teaching better perl practices,
> sure.  Teaching what a sigil is and what they mean in perl... not so
> much.

I had a huge amount of fun writing the perl basics chapter of the
book.  On the other hand a quote from early on in the piece:

"[This chapter is] going to be a bit like a first year university
lecture where everything in a subject that you covered in the final
two years of high school is covered in a single one or two hour
lecture."