[Catalyst] command in Catalyst tute part 4 for generating schema files (static creation) using DBIx::Class::TimeStamp needs to be updated

kakimoto at tpg.com.au kakimoto at tpg.com.au
Tue Mar 10 11:20:47 GMT 2009

hi everyone,

 I just followed the tute in
http://search.cpan.org/~hkclark/Catalyst-Manual-5.7018/lib/Catalyst/Manual/Tutorial/BasicCRUD.pod
to regenerate my schema (model) files to use DBIx::Class::TimeStamp.

I refered to the section "Update DBIC to Automatically Handle the
Datetime Columns".

I ran my command following this order,
"script/myapp_create.pl model DB DBIC::Schema MyApp::Schema \
        create=static components=TimeStamp dbi:SQLite:myapp.db"

and it fails. I have the latest version of catalyst and all related DBIX
modules installed in my machine.

Running the command above with 'components=TimeStamp' before
'create=static'  worked fine
( ie.

"script/myapp_create.pl model DB DBIC::Schema MyApp::Schema \
      components=TimeStamp  create=static  dbi:SQLite:myapp.db "
).

I would suggest for the command in the tutorial to be updated.

thanks

K. akimoto