[Catalyst] Slow fastcgi

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Mon May 4 08:19:55 GMT 2009

Hi,

I have started using fastcgi with a Catalyst app, using it as an external
server, but I've seen that it works very slow and many requests give a
timeout error and display a 500 error because of this.

I started the Catalyst app using:

/oct/TB/script/tb_fastcgi.pl -l /tmp/tb.socket -n 5 -p /tmp/tb.pid -d

(I have also tried to start more processes using -n 10, but it works the
same.)

I use Apache as a front server and in httpd.conf:

FastCgiExternalServer /tmp/tb.fcgi -socket /tmp/tb.socket
Alias / /tmp/tb.fcgi/

Here is the configuration for the worker MPM which I use now. I used it when
I was using mod_perl too, but it worked much more faster (without using
another front-end server).

<IfModule prefork.c>
StartServers       8
MinSpareServers    5
MaxSpareServers   10
ServerLimit  56
MaxClients       56
MaxRequestsPerChild  1000
</IfModule>

Please give me some hints about what I could configure to make fastcgi work
better.

Thank you.

--
Octavian