[Catalyst] Authorization Failure

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Fri May 8 14:06:25 GMT 2009

Oleg Pronin wrote:
> But in TCP stream we send for example "/chess/action/make_move {JSON_DATA}"
> I do not see any differences between HTTP requests and request to the
> daemon. Just protocols are differ.

If you're doing something like this, then the correct solution _is_ to
be subclassing Catalyst::Engine to provide your daemon / non-HTTP protocol.

I'm currently helping develop a Catalyst engine to subscribe to Apache
ActiveMQ queues - same approach, even _less_ web like in what goes over
the wire, but it still fits a request/response model well enough to shoe
horn things in..

That is, however, totally orthogonal to having your domain logic well
factored.

Cheers
t0m