[Catalyst] Alternatives to Catalyst ?

Paul Makepeace paulm at paulm.com
Mon Apr 26 18:24:21 GMT 2010

> Even if you're not, direct hash accessing is basically akin to juggling
> grenades. It might go right for a long time, but eventually the pin's going
> to come out and there will be a very messy BLAM.
>
> Even if it is code you just write for yourself, still doesn't hurt to make
> sure you avoid the BLAM bit :)

(Replying in general, to the sense of this email which others have related too)

Dermot, to my reading at least, has been clear twice now that he was
asking specifically about how to retrieve parameters -- presumably not
coming to a web framework list for an unsolicited computer science
lecture on encapsulation...

I think it behooves us as a community to afford posters when they
clearly articulate a question and context, as Dermot has*, not to
treat them as complete noobs. It'd be a shame if folks became
reluctant to ask 'simple' questions for fear of half a dozen catalyst
old-skoolers delivering a sermon.

(Even these questions often reveal useful tidbits like the CGI compat hazard.)

Paul

* not the OP!