[Catalyst] Which C::View::PDF should I use?

Charlie Garrison garrison at zeta.org.au
Mon Mar 8 07:40:40 GMT 2010

Good evening,

On 8/03/10 at 8:41 AM +0200, Octavian Rasnita
<orasnita at gmail.com> wrote:

>Do you know if there is a way of creating PDFs in the same way
>the HTML templates are created, by just putting a variable name
>in a certain place and render that pdf file by replacing that
>variable with its value? (Without needing to specify the
>position where those variables will be placed)

I don't. That's exactly what I was hoping to do, but I couldn't
find a way to do it (without expensive commercial solutions, or
without using hand-crafted PDF 'forms').

I've got a form config which $customer can change (add fields,
etc) and I've included X/Y coords as part of the config. That
was the only way I could get it working in limited time I've got.

I can share code with you if it will help (maybe offlist would
be better).

Charlie

--
    Ꮚ Charlie Garrison ♊ <garrison at zeta.org.au>
    〠 PO Box 141, Windsor, NSW 2756, Australia

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt