[Catalyst] Which C::View::PDF should I use?

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 08:27:34 GMT 2010

Hi Charlie,

From: "Charlie Garrison" <garrison at zeta.org.au>
Good evening,

On 8/03/10 at 8:41 AM +0200, Octavian Rasnita
<orasnita at gmail.com> wrote:

>Do you know if there is a way of creating PDFs in the same way the HTML
>templates are created, by just putting a variable name in a certain place
>and render that pdf file by replacing that variable with its value?
>(Without needing to specify the position where those variables will be
>placed)

I don't. That's exactly what I was hoping to do, but I couldn't
find a way to do it (without expensive commercial solutions, or
without using hand-crafted PDF 'forms').

I've got a form config which $customer can change (add fields,
etc) and I've included X/Y coords as part of the config. That
was the only way I could get it working in limited time I've got.

I can share code with you if it will help (maybe offlist would
be better).
Charlie

Unfortunately I don't know if it can help me, because I am blind and I can't
see if the manually configured positions are displayed correctly. That's why
I was hoping that there is a solution that works like the common TT
templating system.

Thank you.

Octavian

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4923 (20100307) __________