[Catalyst] Question about Chained Controller

Eden Cardim edencardim at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 00:49:06 GMT 2010

    Charlie> I use a :AuthRequired method attribute and check for that
    Charlie> in auto method. Is there anything inherently wrong with
    Charlie> that method? I got the technique from someone on this list
    Charlie> a while back.

When your requirements pile up, auto is going to become a big block of
monolithic code, and your methods are going to have enormous sequences of
attributes. Plus, I find it more logical to have the checking code
closer to where it's required, as opposed to having to maintain the
attributes scattered around the app then locate and edit the related
code in auto.

--
     Eden Cardim            Need help with your perl Catalyst or DBIx::Class project?
   Software Engineer                   http://www.shadowcat.co.uk/catalyst/