[Catalyst] I18N

Kieren Diment diment at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 22:35:04 GMT 2010

On 14/10/2010, at 8:25 AM, Ekki Plicht (DF4OR) wrote:

> Am Dienstag 12 Oktober 2010, 22:04:23 schrieb Stuart Watt:
>>  Quick question: I'm currently using Catalyst::Plugin::I18N. Should I
>> be planning to move to CatalystX::I18N? Any thoughts...?
>
> Stuart, I am in no way a Catalyst expert, just a mere beginner. And facing the
> same question :-)
>
> I played around with C::P::I18N, and it does perfectly what is says it does -
> l10n. But I want (need) more, like localized paths, for example. So I looked
> at C::P::I18N::Request which is perfect for that, but decides only on the
> browser header setting of accept-language, AFAICS. Which renders it useless
> for me.
>
> Then there is C::P::I18N::PathPrefix, which is a helpful and different
> approach. It comes in handy when path names are the same even for different
> languages, a situation which I have here in my current project.

Localised paths can be done though configuration.  See Chapter 7 of the Definitive Guide to Catalyst for details (p 187 - relevant snippet of code below, downloadable source for the book available from http://www.apress.com/book/view/1430223650) where I translated the uri paths into Indonesian:

<Controller People>
 <action get_ready>
  PathPart nama
 </action>