[Catalyst] Best "form" library?

Victor Churchill victorchurchill at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 20:47:40 GMT 2011

Speaking here as a novice with the same questions as the OP:

I like the functionality of HTML::FormFu as deployed in the tutorial
example but also find the YAML a bit strange at first; I am, too,  a
bit stopped by the impression that the form does not become available
until after it is submitted. I have a client/boss who likes JavaScript
validation of an Ajax-y type and although I see hooks for JS in the
HTML::FormFu docs it is not very obvious how to utilise them. Having
the JavaScript in a file pulled in by the page template obviously goes
against DRY principles if the logic is also present on the server.