[Catalyst] Best "form" library?

Devin Austin devin.austin at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 20:52:04 GMT 2011

On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 1:47 PM, Victor Churchill
<victorchurchill at gmail.com>wrote:

> Speaking here as a novice with the same questions as the OP:
>
> I like the functionality of HTML::FormFu as deployed in the tutorial
> example but also find the YAML a bit strange at first; I am, too,  a
> bit stopped by the impression that the form does not become available
> until after it is submitted. I have a client/boss who likes JavaScript
> validation of an Ajax-y type and although I see hooks for JS in the
> HTML::FormFu docs it is not very obvious how to utilise them. Having
> the JavaScript in a file pulled in by the page template obviously goes
> against DRY principles if the logic is also present on the server.

> Searchable archive:

FormFu is pretty awful in my opinion.  Rose::HTML stuff isn't much better.
I recommend HTML::FormHandler or Form::Sensible, or if you don't want to
deal with creating your own forms by hand, just use
Form::Sensible::Reflector::DBIC and have it reflect off of your DBIC schema.

-- =

Devin Austin
http://www.codedright.net
9702906669 - Cell