[Catalyst] Best "form" library?

Erez Schatz moonbuzz at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 21:43:36 GMT 2011

On 6 March 2011 22:52, Devin Austin <devin.austin at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I like the functionality of HTML::FormFu as deployed in the tutorial
>> example but also find the YAML a bit strange at first;

Carl should really put this in flashing bold at the top of the page:

"all examples here are YAML, but you can use any format supported by
Config::Any"

Which means "XML, YAML, JSON, Apache-style configuration, Windows INI
files, and even Perl code"

As for HTML::Formhandler, I dunno whether this has been addressed, but
when we used it (at my previous place of employment) we ran into some
severe issues of, and I quote again, "misbehaviour due to modified
state after reset" causing leaks and we ended up moving to FormFu,
which I should say was somewhat under utilized for what it did offer
us. Formhandler was also, to my taste, unwilling to allow any
out-of-the-ordinary configuration and we ended up overriding a lot of
form controls which makes the whole idea of a form generator a bit
silly.

--
Erez

La perfection soit atteinte non quand il n'ya plus rien à ajouter,
mais quand il n'ya plus rien à retrancher.