[Catalyst] Sending Email from Page?

John M. Dlugosz wxju46gefd at snkmail.com
Mon Mar 21 04:09:31 GMT 2011

Any pointers as to the right (or best) way to send an email from my Catalyst App?
I see there is a Plugin::Email and also a View::Email, which seems to be something totally
different?

Obviously any "integrated" module should be simpler than just calling sendmail or
Email::Send::SMTP from the controller's function.

However it's done, the question remains on how to properly secure the ability to send
mail.  The SMTP server on the machine is normally secured, with Postfix configured to
require authentication and password to drop off new outgoing mail.  A different port
communicates with other public servers and only accepts messages for local delivery.  My
current idea is to set up another port on Postix that only allows local connections and
only accepts mail TO: the addresses that are used by the web app.  Is there a better (or
simpler) way?