[Catalyst] Sending Email from Page?

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 06:48:33 GMT 2011

From: "John M. Dlugosz" <wxju46gefd at snkmail.com>
> Any pointers as to the right (or best) way to send an email from my
> Catalyst App?
> I see there is a Plugin::Email and also a View::Email, which seems to be
> something totally different?

You can use any of them or Catalyst::Helper::Model::Email. The plugin is no
longer recommended.

The most simple way is not the best. The best way is to send the messages in
a job queue and let the worker module to send the message immediately or
whenever the mail server is free.
If you send the message directly from your application, in that moment the
server might not be free and the user would need to wait too much until the
message is sent, or the mail server might give a timeout and in that case
the message is lost because the application doesn't send it again when the
mail server is free.
Octavian