[Catalyst] Catakyst::Runtime 5.90018 install issues

Seven Reeds seven.reeds at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 21:18:24 GMT 2012

Hi,

I am running RedHat Enterprise 5.8, perl v5.8.8

I tried installing the runtime and devel modules from CPAN but they
failed the tests.  I am only focusing on the runtime tests at this
time though.

First, the initial "make" seems to do a module dependency check but
the tests have a version dependency on Getopts::Long.  Updating that
module fixed the issue but the higher level dependency check should
have found this.

Second, the test "t/aggregate/live_component_controller_attributes.t"
fails with the message:

        Bad name after view' at
t/aggregate/live_component_controller_attributes.t line 23.
        # Looks like your test exited with 255 before it could output anything.

I'm not sure what to do about this one.

Cheers