[Catalyst] upstart script for Starman-based app?

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Fri May 4 16:32:59 GMT 2012

From: "Dave Rolsky" <autarch at urth.org>
Subject: Re: [Catalyst] upstart script for Starman-based app?

> On Fri, 4 May 2012, Octavian Rasnita wrote:
>
>> expect fork
>
> I'm not sure why you need this. There's no fork happening with your
> config, AFAICT.

But isn't Starman doing a fork?

> To be honest, I kind of hate upstart. It's really freaking inscrutable and
> the docs suck. I've gotten some info out of it by putting it into debug
> mode and watching /var/log/daemon.log
>
> I really wish Ubuntu would just kill upstart and switch to systemd.

I have never used nor seen a systemd script although I heard about it.
I was able to compare just the huge and complicated systemv init scripts and
upstart, and upstart is better (if it works:)

Isn't OK to install systemd using apt-get?

I've found that there is a systemd package available for Ubuntu:
p   live-config-systemd                                       - Debian
Live - System Configuration Scripts (systemd backend)

Octavian