[Catalyst] Deploying with Perlbrew

Tobias Kremer tobias.kremer at gmail.com
Tue May 15 13:18:51 GMT 2012

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 3:05 PM, Bill Moseley <moseley at hank.org> wrote:
> At work we currently build separate RPMs for all our in-house dependencies
> and the catalyst apps (as well as for any CPAN distributions that existing
> RPMs don't exist or are ouf date).  It's a pretty time-consuming
> and tedious process -- or at least has turned out that way in practice.

We played around with building .debs for all dependencies (mainly
because our ISP understandably likes packages), but it's a total PITA
IMHO. So we went the local::lib route and never looked back. That way
we can distribute and deploy all dependencies with our app. It also
makes setting up a development environment totally easy, because you
just install local::lib, clone the app git repository (which includes
all dependencies) and are pretty much ready to go (assuming that your
dev environment is compatible with your production environment which
is part of the reason we develop with VMs).

--Toby