[Catalyst] HTTP Push

jeff robinson jeffreyianrobinson at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 19:38:39 GMT 2012

I have an app that is using Catalyst to serve up web pages to some IP
Phones. Catalyst is receiving event updates via POSTs to URL on the
status of the phones etc and saving the info in a database which is in
turn read (in a processed manner) by the phones. In addition to this
standard traffic there is the need to perform an HTTP PUSH to the
phones to alert users about incoming calls and the like.
Currently I have 'an app on the side' that is doing this, but it would
be much cleaner if this PUSH functionality were integrated into
Catalyst. Having searched around I can't see much on this, is there
anything available. I could simply take the existing code that is
based on LWP::UserAgent, I was wondering if there was a better
approach?

Thanks - J

Jeff Robinson