[Catalyst] Backlog for proposed changes in next Catalyst release

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 4 16:12:00 GMT 2013

Bill,

I'd be open to it, if it seems like we always just need to add this. =A0I'm=
 not enough an expert of unicode to understand the drawbacks, or why this w=
as done as a plugin in the first place. =A0Is there a drawback, for example=
 to having it core?

I can see at the beginning having stuff like this as stand alone dists, sin=
ce it lets you be more agile in fixing issues with it, and all that but if =
this is stable then I can see just making it core.

Anyone?

John

-next-release-on-play-perl.html

>>This is over on play Perl (http://play-perl.org/player/jnap) for your com=
ments and votes. =A0Hope to see you there!

>I think I've asked this before, but is there any talk of native encoding s=
upport -- meaning make=A0Catalyst::Plugin::Unicode::Encoding part of the fr=
amework? =A0 Having it a plugin makes it appear as optional, but the correc=
t approach is to decoded all text requests and encode all text responses.