[Catalyst] Using the Catalyst Makefile to install

Alejandro Imass alejandro.imass at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 20:29:37 GMT 2013

On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 4:20 PM, Tomas Doran <bobtfish at bobtfish.net> wrote:

> On 8 Mar 2013, at 04:57, Francisco Obispo <fobispo at isc.org> wrote:
>
>> They are installed by default under the lib/ directory, I'm not a big fan of that setup,
>
> Nobody is a big fan of this setup.

I don't think the problem is so much the destination of the lib files.
IMHO they should be installed in the local or site perl directories
amongst any other local CPAN modules.

Where I see the problem is that the current installation ignores all
non-library files completely (the app root directory and the config
file), plus any other data files the app should need.

> This pre-dates Module::ShareDir.

So the templates, images (i.e. the /root) are considered shared data?

And the configuration file should go for example in /etc in Debian and
/usr/local/etc on FBSD??

And if the app needs some other files for example a sqllite db file,
where would those go? /var/lib/db ?
How about Windows, how does work there?

--
Alejandro Imass