[Catalyst] Working a Solr Model -- Follow Up

Kieren Diment diment at gmail.com
Sun Oct 6 09:57:30 GMT 2013

On 06/10/2013, at 6:27 PM, John Karr <brainbuz at brainbuz.org> wrote:

> Rejected: Apache::Solr
> Returned a resultset that didn't work in Template::Toolkit, had write ugl=
y code to convert to array of hashrefs.
> I could not figure out how to use a filter query (they are absolutely req=
uired for how I intend to use Solr).

Probably could have sorted this by passing the Solr resultset to a subref s=
et to $c->stash.  so you end up with something like [% SET data =3D  handle=
_stupid_resultset(data); WHILE (x =3D data.iterate); 'do stuff with ' _ x ;=
 END;  %] in your template. It's the poor man's approach to putting new obj=
ect models in the template rendering engine. =