[Catalyst] Working a Solr Model -- Follow Up

John Karr brainbuz at brainbuz.org
Mon Oct 7 05:37:25 GMT 2013

More important than the ugly code to get output to display is that I =

couldn't figure out how to use a necessary solr feature. Equivalent to a =

DBD for a SQL database that doesn't support subqueries in a select.

Unfortunately, not all of my unicode woes have not been resolved, I have =

a description field that is causing IO::Handle to throw a wide character =

error on template rendering, and a bug reported for WebService::Solr =

since there does after all appear to be a real unicode issue.

As a workaround I wrote a macro in Template::Toolkit.

[% MACRO utfclean(field) PERL %]
   use utf8;
   my $field =3D $stash->get('field');
   utf8::encode($field);