[CiderWebmail] Full text search?

Nikolaus Rath Nikolaus at rath.org
Sun Sep 15 03:09:21 GMT 2013

Hello,

I have set

enable_body_search: true

in my ciderwebmail configuration. However, the search function doesn't
actually seem to look into the message bodies.

When running a traffic dump, I found the following conversation between
ciderwebmail and the imap server when searching for "match":

1 LOGIN xxxx yyyyy
1 OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE IDLE SORT SORT=DISPLAY THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=REFS MULTIAPPEND UNSELECT CHILDREN NAMESPACE UIDPLUS LIST-EXTENDED I18NLEVEL=1 CONDSTORE QRESYNC ESEARCH ESORT SEARCHRES WITHIN CONTEXT=SEARCH LIST-STATUS SPECIAL-USE QUOTA] Logged in
2 SELECT Archive
* FLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen \Draft NonJunk $MDNSent)
* OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen \Draft NonJunk $MDNSent \*)] Flags permitted.
* 49 EXISTS
* 0 RECENT
* OK [UIDVALIDITY 1378356326] UIDs valid
* OK [UIDNEXT 50] Predicted next UID
* OK [HIGHESTMODSEQ 5] Highest
2 OK [READ-WRITE] Select completed.
3 UID SORT (reverse date) UTF-8 OR SUBJECT {5}
+ OK
match FROM {5}
match
+ OK
* SORT
3 OK Sort completed (0.001 secs).

It seems to be that this can't possibly work, because full text search
requires using the SEARCH command rather than SORT.

Is there a way to get this to work?

Best,

   -Nikolaus