[CiderWebmail] Full text search?

Nikolaus Rath Nikolaus at rath.org
Sun Sep 15 19:22:46 GMT 2013

On 09/14/2013 11:20 PM, Mathias Reitinger wrote:
> Morning,
>
> On 14 Sep, Nikolaus Rath wrote:
>> When running a traffic dump, I found the following conversation between
>> ciderwebmail and the imap server when searching for "match":
>
> are you certain that this is a complete dump - it looks as if things
> are missing...

It comes straight from tcpdump, so I'm pretty sure it's complete.

> You can pass the IMAP_DEBUG=1 environment variable to CiderWebmail -
> it will dump the complete IMAP conversation.
>
> You should have a ciderwebmail_server.pl that you can use:
>
> IMAP_DEBUG=1 ciderwebmail_server.pl -d -p 3000
>
> will run a ciderwebmail server on port 3000 with full debugging
> including IMAP.

Same result (now searching for "perl"):

Sending: 1 LOGIN "xx" "xxxx"
Sent 44 bytes
Read: 	1 OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID
ENABLE IDLE SORT SORT=DISPLAY THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=REFS MULTIAPPEND
UNSELECT CHILDREN NAMESPACE UIDPLUS LIST-EXTENDED I18NLEVEL=1 CONDSTORE
QRESYNC ESEARCH ESORT SEARCHRES WITHIN CONTEXT=SEARCH LIST-STATUS
SPECIAL-USE QUOTA] Logged in
Sending: 2 SELECT Archiv/1999
Sent 22 bytes
Read: 	* FLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen \Draft)
  	* OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen \Draft \*)]
Flags permitted.
  	* 313 EXISTS
  	* 0 RECENT
  	* OK [UIDVALIDITY 1378003872] UIDs valid
  	* OK [UIDNEXT 314] Predicted next UID
  	* OK [HIGHESTMODSEQ 2] Highest
  	2 OK [READ-WRITE] Select completed.
Sending literal: 3 UID SORT (reverse date) UTF-8 OR SUBJECT {4}
  	then: perl FROM {4}
  perl
Sending: 3 UID SORT (reverse date) UTF-8 OR SUBJECT {4}
Sent 48 bytes
Read: 	+ OK
Sending: perl FROM {4}
  perl