[CiderWebmail] Debian packaging and some comments

Stefan Seifert nine at detonation.org
Sat Sep 21 16:24:15 GMT 2013

Hi Jonas,

On Thursday 07 June 2012 13:30:43 Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

> CiderWebmail uses Module::Install.  Cool!  I suggest you to consider
> switching to the (in my opinion) even cooler Module::Package::RDF :-)

After Nikolaus Rath's ordeal, I spent quite some time improving our
installation process to the point where make install is enough to get a
working CiderWebmail installation. I had a look at Module::Package::RDF but
did not get far. It sounds like it could make one's life easier, but doesn't
seem to be very well documented and I'm not sure how well maintained
Module::Package actually is.

I also had a good look at what you did to actually make a Debian package. Your
psgi file did not work for me, but it seemed simple to fix. Attaching the
fixed version. The change is just:

-        $ENV{CATALYST_CONFIG} |= '/etc/ciderwebmai';
+        $ENV{CIDERWEBMAIL_CONFIG} ||= '/etc/ciderwebmail/ciderwebmail';

With this change it does find the /etc/ciderwebmail/ciderwebmail.conf

I would very much like to use your READMEs as base for our coming user
documentation and will certainly take some hints from your rules file when
trying to create rpms for openSUSE.

Regards,
Stefan Seifert