[CiderWebmail] Files accumulating in /tmp

Mathias Reitinger mathias.reitinger at loop0.org
Sat Sep 28 19:56:13 GMT 2013

Hello,

On 18 Sep, Nikolaus Rath wrote:
> I just noticed that using ciderwebmail seems to result in a slow
> accumulation of files in /tmp:
>
> > -rw-r--r--  1 www-data www-data 8.3K Sep 15 02:43 petal_cache_2.20_0f9356d2810faf163011c94baaecb34a

Petal is the template engine we use in CiderWebmail. Petal uses the
File::Spec module to determine the location of the temp/cache directory.

Currently the only way to change this location is to set the TMPDIR
environment variable to wherever you want them stored.

If and when Petal is updated to change this we could implement a
configuration option. For now I have created issue#28 to track this.

> > -rw-r--r--  1 www-data www-data  22K Sep 15 19:21 petal_debug.30926.1379272855.aalqrthnep
>
> This doesn't seem right to me. Is this a bug or a configuration problem?

Both actually. If I remember correctly the bug has been fixed some time ago -
this will be included in the next release. I have also updated our
Petal configuration to disable the petal_debug dumps debugging is
disabled - see commit 2d7815da5e31b41357becdac6a579dbaad525bc1.

Regards,

--
Mathias Reitinger               <mathias.reitinger at loop0.org>