[DBD-SQLite] Weird UTF-8 problem

Michael Lackhoff michael at lackhoff.de
Mon Nov 2 14:44:05 GMT 2009

On 02.11.2009 14:05 Jonathan Yu wrote:

> Have you consulted the changelog for DBD::SQLite and for upstream
> sqlite versions? If this was a fix, take a diff between the two and
> try to create a patch for it yourself.

Well, I asked because I couldn't find anything myself. "Unicode" is
mentioned twice in the changelog but both items don't look relevant.
With regard to diffs I am very limited because I don't know any C so I
won't be able to make any sense of it (at least of the sqlite and XS
source).
I was hoping the coder who made the relevant change reads this list and
would remember.

>> - is there a chance to make a new stable version? Then at least it is
>> easier to meet the requirement.
> I think that version 1.26 is under some testing before they want to
> cut a real "stable" release. This testing is necessary to make sure
> mass breakages don't happen as a result of the upload. Various people
> need to make sure it doesn't break other things like DBIx::Class, etc.

That goes without saying. I don't want a stable version "just for me".
So let me rephrase my question: Do you think 1.26 has reached a maturity
that a new stable release is possible in the not too distant future?

-Michael