[DBD-SQLite] SQLite 3.7.x problem fixed, please dev-release

Toby Corkindale toby.corkindale at strategicdata.com.au
Thu Aug 26 02:08:58 GMT 2010

On 26/08/10 05:38, Darren Duncan wrote:
> Under the circumstances, I recommend releasing what we have now as
> version 1.31 production within a week if there are no showstopper
> problems discovered with 1.30_04 in the meantime.

It sounds like there are some quite major changes in this version of
SQLite, and thus also DBD::SQLite.

As with other major releases, I'm interested in testing the dev release
against our code which does tend to stress SQLite - however this isn't
something I can fit in in the time frame you're discussing ("within a
week").

I am sure I'm not the only person in this situation.

Do you really need to release a so-called "stable" version so rapidly?
If what you have now is a release candidate, then would you mind leaving
it for a bit longer while people have a chance to shake it out?

DBD::SQLite is a major piece of many applications. Please be careful
what you nominate as "stable".

Thanks for your efforts in keeping it up to date and incorporating
upstream improvements - it's really appreciated.

-Toby