[DBD-SQLite] added support for FTS3

Dami Laurent (PJ) laurent.dami at justice.ge.ch
Tue Jul 13 16:42:44 GMT 2010

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the feedback.

OK, I was not aware of that (probably because I only tested under perl 5.12.1 win32 where this #define is apparently not needed).
I just committed your suggested addition.

>Best,
>Stefan
>

>PS: This is where the tests still fail --
>
>> t/rt_44891_strings_look_like_numbers.t ... # requires
>sqlite3 3.6.23.1 executable for extra tests
>> t/rt_44891_strings_look_like_numbers.t ... Failed 681/829 subtests
>
>Lots of failures of the form "got: +1.0 expected: +1.0", and
>then "Abort trap" after 148 subtests.

Most probably this has nothing to do with the FTS3 extension. I didn't have that problem because I don't have the sqlite3 executable and therefore those tests are skipped. I'll leave it to other authors to fix.

>PPS: It would be nice if there were an easy way to test FTS3
>support in DBD::SQLite without having to install unreleased
>modules (tokenizer and unaccenter) by hand. Will these be
>available in regular CPAN soon, so one can just do "install
>Search::Tokenizer"? Or could the tests use a standard
>tokenizer module instead?

Rolling your own tokenizer is just a few lines, as shown in the doc, or in t/43_fts3.c.
But anyway, Search::Tokenizer and Text::Transliterator::Unaccent were just published to CPAN this morning, they should hit your mirror quite soon.

Cheers, Laurent D.