[DBIx-Class-Devel] Pull Request: topic/docs-pod-inherit

Peter Rabbitson rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us
Thu Dec 13 05:13:48 GMT 2012

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 05:21:53PM -0500, Brendan Byrd wrote:
> The topic/docfixes_pending branch is ready.  Some notes:

I am beginning to split said the thread - etoomuchstuffgoingon.

However several very important points.

* Never push tags for throwaway trees. In general we do not push tags
for devrels (they are throwaway, and are regularly deleted off PAUSE).
But in the rare case we do (usually by mistake (hi frew ;)), it is done
on master. I deleted your particular tag on the remote, because otherwise
the dead-end branch it refers to becomes immortal.

* Please do not throw in "simple" fixes like the $^O win32 stuff
into unrelated commits. For example your use of `env` just broke
the builder for anyone using local::lib. These things are not trivial,
please do not treat them as such. For this particular case - dmake
got to have some sort of "I am running under myself" variable - find
what it is and use it.

* Your dist somehow is broken inc/ contents are incomplete. Please
if possible get me a shell session log. I have only seen you and
frew produce such releases - something is going very subtly wrong.

Cheers