[DBIx-Class-Devel] Pull Request: topic/docs-pod-inherit

Brendan Byrd Perl at ResonatorSoft.org
Thu Dec 13 17:01:37 GMT 2012

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 12:13 AM, Peter Rabbitson <rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us> wrote:

> * Never push tags for throwaway trees. In general we do not push tags
> for devrels (they are throwaway, and are regularly deleted off PAUSE).
> But in the rare case we do (usually by mistake (hi frew ;)), it is done
> on master. I deleted your particular tag on the remote, because otherwise
> the dead-end branch it refers to becomes immortal.

Noted.

> * Please do not throw in "simple" fixes like the $^O win32 stuff
> into unrelated commits. For example your use of `env` just broke
> the builder for anyone using local::lib. These things are not trivial,
> please do not treat them as such. For this particular case - dmake
> got to have some sort of "I am running under myself" variable - find
> what it is and use it.

Well, it breaks right now for anybody not using bash.  I don't see why
env would have anything to do with local::lib; it keeps the %ENV
intact and adds to it, exactly like the bash shortcut.

Also, dmake has no such variable.  I compared %ENV between dmake and
no dmake, and they are the same.

> * Your dist somehow is broken inc/ contents are incomplete. Please
> if possible get me a shell session log. I have only seen you and
> frew produce such releases - something is going very subtly wrong.

I'll check it out and see about producing a log.  One thing I noticed
this morning when I did a "dmake clean" was that inc/ was in a strange
permission state.  Couldn't access it at all, so I deleted it.
Hopefully, I can reproduce the situation.

--
Brendan Byrd <Perl at ResonatorSoft.org>
Brendan Byrd <BBYRD at CPAN.org>