[Dbix-class] Branch for supporting column attributes checked in

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 5 14:38:04 GMT 2006

--- Jess Robinson <castaway at desert-island.demon.co.uk>
wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Dec 2006, John Napiorkowski wrote:
>
> > --- Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> wrote:
> >
> > The last big this I need to do is something with
> the
> > new bulk_insert function, since this also is using
> > execute_array.  I need to use bind_param_array on
> > this, but I need to read the docs more clearly
> since
> > this is a function I haven't used before.  Seems
> the
> > same as bind_param with arrayrefs instead of
> scalars.
> > I just need to make sure I fully get what:
> >
> > ArrayTupleFetch => sub { my $values = shift
> @$data;
> > return if !$values; return [ @{$values}[@bind] ]}
> >
> > is doing! I'm planning on playing with that over
> the
> > weekend.
> >

> Hi John,
>
> It's fairly simple. ArrayTupleFetch is set to a
> coderef that is supposed
> to return values for an entire insert row everytime
> it gets called, and
> undef if it ran out of values to pass.
>
> I haven't been paying much attention, so I'm not
> sure what you need to
> amend it for, but it shouldn't be hard, I hope. The
> execute_array docs are
> fairly self-explanatory.

Yup, the docs are pretty straightforward, I actually
played with this once a few years ago when writing a
bulk loader for an Oracle application, so it's coming
back to me.  Just that "bind_param_array" doesn't
support the coderef version of suppling values so I'll
have to take a slice of the values for each column;
hope it doesn't impact performance too much, since I
assume the bulk loader is intended to be all about
speed.

I'll check in my best attempt a bit later and you can
poke and prod it at your leisure.

--john

http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/repos/bast/trunk/DBIx-Class/

http://www.mail-archive.com/dbix-class@lists.rawmode.org/