[Dbix-class] branch status

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 20 20:03:22 GMT 2006

--- Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> wrote:

> While I remember: can everybody with an active
> branch off -current sing
> out and tell us
>
> (1) what it's designed for

dbix-param_bind is an update to the way sql statements
are executed so that we can pass attributes to the
binding statements.  Primarily this will solve a
problem with some databases that need to be told if a
column is a BLOB type to work correctly, although it
could have other uses.  Mostly this is needed by
Postgresql and Oracle.  This update includes changes
to the Pg storage driver to properly map bytea type
columns to the correct attribute type.

> (2) where it's up to

I have it working properly for Postgres 8.1.x and
there are tests (not great ones) plus it seems to run
all the existing tests, including the bulk update
tests.  I also added documentation.

> (3) when you expect it to be ready for audit before
> merge to -current

I'm ready for it to be reviewed and for blithering
criticism of the code.

> Note: If it's already ready for audit, kick me and
> I'll try and have a
> look over it during the holidays

You might want to give it a quick look over for
general coding practices before giving it a deep
audit.  This is my first contrib so I am not sure I'm
doing things the way you'd like to see them.

I have time over the holiday to clean up any issues
you find.

Thanks, John

http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/repos/bast/trunk/DBIx-Class/

http://www.mail-archive.com/dbix-class@lists.rawmode.org/