[Dbix-class] branch status

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 08:59:54 GMT 2006

On 20/12/06, Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> wrote:
> While I remember: can everybody with an active branch off -current sing
> out and tell us

"columns_info_for"

> (1) what it's designed for

Detailed column specs (as much as each database will provide).
Primarily designed for use by form validators - to allow automatic
length / datatype constraints based on the column type.

> (2) where it's up to

mysql support.
enum handling needs changed to how sqlfairy does it.

> (3) when you expect it to be ready for audit before merge to -current

Need to find time to learn how dbix-class does tests - and write some.
Would be good to also add support for at least SQL::Lite, to see if
chosen column attribute names make sense outside of mysql.

Carl