[Dbix-class] ENUM values from MySQL using the column_info()

Zbigniew Lukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Mon May 15 16:44:29 CEST 2006

Hi Matt,

I find your discussion habits a bit frustrating.  First you write:

On 5/12/06, Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> wrote:
> Jess Robinson wrote:
> > Ahh I see.. sorry, was a bit confused..
> >
> > IMO it would be sane if the code retrieving the columns acted case
> > insensitivly, and maybe threw an error if it came across two fields that
> > are both the same when case is ignored.
>
> Which is what I actually proposed at the time.

But than you deny that you agreed to the proposed solution:

On 5/15/06, Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> wrote:
> > Hmm I've started this thread with this exact example and you seemed to agree to:
> >
> >> IMO it would be sane if the code retrieving the columns acted case
> >> insensitivly, and maybe threw an error if it came across two fields that
> >> are both the same when case is ignored.
>
> No, I've never agreed to that.

And since you push the 'case sensitive first' option please take into
account that the example I posted in this thread demonstrates that the
core DBIC functions don't work this way.

--
Zbyszek