[Dbix-class] Re: Catching DBI errors, without eval?

Len Jaffe lenjaffe at jaffesystems.com
Tue Nov 14 12:55:40 GMT 2006

On 11/14/06, Richard Jolly <richardjolly at mac.com> wrote:

> I thought that the chapter on exceptions in PBP was the best part of
> the book. I'd recommend it if you are looking to move away from the
> 'return false' idiom. It gives a very clear and convincing discussion
> of when to use exceptions, and a decent discussion of the techniques
> available.

Has anybody benchmarked the difference between the try/catch and perror()
methodologies.
It has been my understanding that try/catch is built out of eval()s and that
evals have to compile every time their run.  It has been my inference that
this would be salower than the perror() method of returning error codes.
But I don't know for sure.

Is there a de facto try/catch module out of CPAN that everybody likes?

Len.
-- =

lenjaffe at jaffesystems.com