[Dbix-class] JOIN question

Bernhard Graf dbic2 at augensalat.de
Mon Nov 27 11:38:28 GMT 2006

Anthony Hinsinger wrote:

> After a short investigation of the code, i think the method to fix is
> "_table" into the DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI module. This one convert
> the "from" attribut to a SQL statement.

There are two options for complex queries in DBIC:
- Use from-attribute
- Avoid from-attribute

Because I'm not able to build the query without from-attribute, I had to
fix this part in DBIC. Digging in the DBIC code a little bit I learned
that actually all the required code is already there - namely in
SQL::Abstract::_recurse_where() -
DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::_join_condition just doesn't use the power.
--
Bernhard Graf