[Dbix-class] DBIx HTML forms

James Masters james at masters.me.uk
Sat Sep 9 10:24:22 CEST 2006

Thanks for those 2 suggestions.  I have found 10 more possibilities more
naively - here is a list including your 2 (FormBuilder solo and FormBuilder
via Catalyst).  As you can imagine, this is rather confusing for a beginner.
I could, of course, read through the documentation of each one and try to
make an educated guess as to which one is best/easiest for me.  But from
bitter experience, I know that the one that is best used/sounds best may not
be the one that is currently recognised as the "one to use".  It would be
really useful if anyone can tell me at least which of these are not
suitable?

DBIx::Web
Active Web Database Layer
DBIx-Web-0.62 - 30 Jun 2006 - Andrew V. Makarow

I couldn't find a module called DBIx::HTML which is strange but I found
DBIx::HTML::LinkedMenus
Convert SQL to 2 linked HTML popup menus.
DBIx::HTML::PopupRadio
Convert sql into a popup menu or radio group.
DBIx::HTML::ClientDB
Convert sql into a client-side db with keyed access.
All by - Ron Savage ::

DBIx::HTMLinterface
Class for creating a CGI interface to a database
DBIx-HTMLinterface-0.11 - 15 Dec 1999 - James Furness

DBIx::HTMLView
For creating web userinterfaces to DBI databases.
DBIx-HTMLView-0.1 - 01 Oct 2001 - Hakan Ardo

DBIx::CGITables
0.001 - Easy DB access from a CGI
DBIx-CGITables-0.001 - 26 Feb 2000 - Tobias Brox

DBIx::HTMLTable
Create HTML table from DBI query output.
DBIx-HTMLTable-0.24 - 17 Mar 2004 - Robert Kiesling

DBIx::Class::InstantCRUD
Like DBIx::Class::HTMLWidget but handles relationships and extra info in the
columns_info metadata. It also has methods to put DBIC objects into HTML
Catalyst-Example-InstantCRUD-v0.0.14 - 23 Aug 2006 - Zbigniew Lukasiak

DBIx::CGI
Easy to Use DBI interface for CGI scripts
DBIx-CGI-0.06 - 24 Dec 1999 - Stefan Hornburg

DBIx::Browse::CGI
Perl extension to browse tables with a CGI interface.
DBIx-Browse-2.09 - 10 Dec 2002 - Evilio Jose del Rio Silvan

DBIx::Class::FormTools
Utility module for building forms with multiple related DBIx::Class objects.
DBIx-Class-FormTools-0.000004 - 21 Jun 2006 - David Jack Olrik

CGI::FormBuilder
Easily generate and process stateful forms
CGI-FormBuilder-3.0401 - 08 Sep 2006 - Nate Wiger

Catalyst::Plugin::FormBuilder
Catalyst FormBuilder Plugin
Catalyst-Plugin-FormBuilder-1.05 - 07 Sep 2006 - Nate Wiger