[Dbix-class] DBIx::Class::InflateColumn::DateTime for DB2

Nathan Gray kolibrie at graystudios.org
Wed Jan 17 22:26:23 GMT 2007

On Wed, Jan 17, 2007 at 09:11:51AM +0000, Jess Robinson wrote:
> Well, if someone could check that all DateTime::Format::X modules contain
> parse_ functions named after the appropriate datatypes, I would prefer to
> remove the "timestamp isa datetime" line in InflateColumn::DateTime.
>
> IIRC, some DBs have both, and the formatting isn't quite the same? MySQL
> 3.x anyone?

Oracle also has 'date' and 'timestamp' datatypes.  A 'date' really is
a datetime, and 'timestamp' adds the ability for timezone information,
which is missing from 'date' for some reason.

I would welcome the removal of "timestamp isa datetime" in
InflateColumn::DateTime.

I can update DateTime::Format::Oracle to have whatever parse_
functions it should have.  I checked a few others to see what they
had, but didn't find any kind of formal spec on how to write them.

-kolibrie