[Dbix-class] plat-form contest starting soon

Rolf Schaufelberger rs at plusw.de
Tue Jan 23 11:36:22 GMT 2007

Hi all,

at thursday 9.00 am CET the web development platform contest starts
(http://www.plat-forms.org). Some of you may have heard of it, some others
not, so I'll just give some info:

The contest first hadn't Perl on i'ts list of languages (besides ASp, Java,
PHP, Ruby,Python), but after some mails from Perl Monks they added Perl to
the list of languages. Surprisingly, besides Perl, only java and php got
three programmings teams to participate.
What has this to do with DBIx::Class you may ask.  Well, our team is very very
new to DBIx::Class but we decided to use it at the contest. We have taken
our "framework"  and moved it from Class::DBI to DBIx::Class. While all the
basic stuff worked so far, I 'm still afraid of running into problems when
some more complex queries come up, and since we have to finish within 30
hours quick solutions are necessary. But since we can use "normal mailing
list or internet support" we can post our problems and ask for help. So I
just want to ask all you guys, keep your eyes open for mailings starting
with "platform" , give us quick answers and help Perl "win" (actually there
will be nor real winner) the contest.
Besides: One of the other teams will use catalyst, probably using DBIC as
well.

Tanks all

Rolf Schaufelberger
rs at plusw.de