[Dbix-class] plat-form contest starting soon

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Tue Jan 23 13:16:29 GMT 2007

On 23 Jan 2007, at 11:36, Rolf Schaufelberger wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> at thursday 9.00 am CET the web development platform contest starts
> (http://www.plat-forms.org). Some of you may have heard of it, some
> others
> not, so I'll just give some info:
>
> The contest first hadn't Perl on i'ts list of languages (besides
> ASp, Java,
> PHP, Ruby,Python), but after some mails from Perl Monks they added
> Perl to
> the list of languages. Surprisingly, besides Perl, only java and
> php got
> three programmings teams to participate.
> What has this to do with DBIx::Class you may ask.  Well, our team
> is very very
> new to DBIx::Class but we decided to use it at the contest. We have
> taken
> our "framework"  and moved it from Class::DBI to DBIx::Class. While
> all the
> basic stuff worked so far, I 'm still afraid of running into
> problems when
> some more complex queries come up, and since we have to finish
> within 30
> hours quick solutions are necessary. But since we can use "normal
> mailing
> list or internet support" we can post our problems and ask for
> help. So I
> just want to ask all you guys, keep your eyes open for mailings
> starting
> with "platform" , give us quick answers and help Perl
> "win" (actually there
> will be nor real winner) the contest.
> Besides: One of the other teams will use catalyst, probably using
> DBIC as
> well.

Get your asses on IRC as well then. #dbix-class on irc.perl.org will,
as always, be happy to help.

The Catalyst team I'm sure will be taking advantage of this, so I'd
suggest you do too :)

--
Matt S Trout, Technical Director, Shadowcat Systems Ltd.
Offering custom development, consultancy and support contracts for