[Dbix-class] memcached

Jim Spath jspath at pangeamedia.com
Wed Jan 24 20:10:19 GMT 2007

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for how to properly use
memcached (http://www.danga.com/memcached/) with DBIx::Class.

When one tries to store a resultset in memcached, you get the error
"Can't store CODE items", which makes sense.

It seems like I really only have one choice, which is to create a
string/arrayref/hashref of the data returned from the resultset before
storing it in memcached and using it in my code.  But that feels a
little ugly to me.

Any ideas?

- Jim

PS - I'm running running both DBIx::Class and Cache::Memcached under
Catalyst, if it matters.