[Dbix-class] Several InflateColumn modules to release

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Tue Jun 5 20:44:55 GMT 2007

On Tue, Jun 05, 2007 at 02:15:35PM -0400, Mike Friedman wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I'm putting the finishing touches on a group of InflateColumn modules
> which I thought might be useful CPAN releases; they're all pretty
> trivial, though, so it seems a bit obnoxious to make an entire
> distribution for each one. Should I bundle them all together in a
> single distribution or upload them separately? Here are the ones I
> have which don't overlap with stuff already on CPAN:
>
> InflateColumn::URI  -- turns URI/URL fields into URI objects
> InflateColumn::Twig -- turns XML chunks into XML::Twig objects
> InflateColumn::GD -- turns a binary field with an image into a GD object
> InflateColumn::YAML -- turns a YAML chunk into Perl data structure
> InflateColumn::JSON -- same thing but for JSON data

I don't think N distributions are so bad.

If you send me an htpasswd line I can sort you out svn access and space for
all of these alongside DBIC mainline as well - we tend towards doing this
to keep the bus number down and so (maintainer consenting) style tweaks etc.
can be done across everything at once by whoever's responsible (similar to
the linux kernel tree effect albeit on a rather more modest scale :)