[Dbix-class] Test::DBIC needs to be core, not a copy+paste from core

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Mon Nov 12 18:28:14 GMT 2007

On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 09:37:03AM -0500, Nathan Gray wrote:
> I wanted to use something like DBICTest or DBIC::Test for testing my
> models.  I did not find them packaged anywhere, just in the t/
> directories of other distributions.

So of course your first action was to mail here, so I could say:

Yes, that's something we've been wanting to fix for a while. I'd love for
you to put together a branch for 09 and refactor the DBIx::Class tests
themselves to use it as a template for future authors.

It would be really unfortunate to copy and paste this out of the main
distribution since the result wouldn't be testable without DBIC itself and
thus chicken-and-egg problems would make it impossible to use for DBIC
core, thus making the whole exercise pointless since it wouldn't track core
DBIC changes.

Do you already have a user on the cat or dbic svn?